Hidden Center-Mount - for Supporting Both Sides of a Pony Wall
Lead Time: Typically ships within 10 business days.
Shipping and delivery info: UPS, USPS & FedEx
About this product
- Ideal for islands with double overhangs requiring support on both sides of a knee or pony wall
- 1/2"-thick heavy-duty American steel, 2-1/2” wide
- 16 lengths from 14"L to 44"L
- Vertical flange (straddle) is 3.6"W x 4"H
- Durable powder-coated finish in black or white; or choose raw steel (must be finished to avoid oxidation)
- 6 wood screws (included) secure bracket to 2x4s in support wall (see thumbnail image #2)
- Ends of horizontal brace are beveled for safety
- Designed to straddle any knee or pony wall's 2x4 frame, exclusively.
- Select a bracket length that will leave no more than 4" to 6" of the overhang unsupported.
- Brackets should be spaced no more than 16" to 18" apart, center on center.
- Installation requires routing out sections (2-1/2"wide x 1/2" deep) of the wall's top 2x4 for flush mounting. See thumbnail image #3.
- Two countersunk holes are drilled into the underside of each bracket, 1.5” in from its ends (see thumbnail image). 1.25”-long screws are provided. These holes and screws help secure the wood top to brackets and prevent bowing. Screw diameters are small enough to allow for wood expansion & contraction.
Center-Mount Support Brackets for Double-Cantilevered Islands
These virtually-invisible brackets are designed to support both extended sides of a T-shaped kitchen bar island bar. With an array of brackets secured to the top of the island bar's 2x4 frame, you can ensure the top's weight will be securely supported. These are the center-support brackets that professional island makers and remodeling contractors prefer for supporting kitchen islands with not just one, but TWO otherwise-unsupported extensions.
The installation process is fairly simple. First, notches 2.5" wide x .5" deep must be cut into the base frame's top 2 by 4. One support bracket will be nested into each cutout and secured to the base frame using screws that are provided.
Center-Mount Support Brackets Come in Many Sizes and Multiple Colors
Since a portion of each bracket will be visible to someone looking at the underside of the island top from below, these otherwise-hidden brackets are available in three different colors. Black and white brackets are powder-coated for added durability. Raw steel is a good choice for those who prefer its look, or intend to paint the brackets, regardless.
In order to ensure adequate support of both cantilevered sections of your island bar, be sure to order brackets of a length that will leave no more than 4 to 6 inches of the countertop unsupported. With 16 different lengths to choose among, you should be able to find a size that fits your new construction or remodel project.
Need Help Deciding Which Countertop Overhang Supports Are Right for Your Situation?
This decision tree might help you think through options, narrow your choices, and make a final decision.
How to determine which size center-mount bracket you need.
i. Measure the distance from outside edge of overhang A to outside edge of overhang B.
ii. Subtract 4” to 6” for portion of overhang to be left unsupported.
iii. Select the bracket length equal to your result, or the next larger size.
|Sale Price||Color||Length (in.)||Width (in.)||Thickness (in.)||Weight (lbs.)|
Damaged Goods Will Be Promptly Replaced
Although IRON SUPPORTS brackets and corbels are securely packed to withstand rough handling during shipment, occasionally shipping damage does occur. If an item arrives damaged, or your shipment is incomplete, please notify us within 5 days of receipt. We will work quickly to resolve any issues.
Returns Are Subject to a 15% Restocking Fee
In the event you decide to return any item(s), you must repack the unused and undamaged merchandise in its original packaging and ship it, at your expense, to:
Order Number: (insert your BB Co. order # here*)
W3312 County Rd FF
Sheboygan, WI 53083
*Your Butcher Block Co. order number is required to process your return
You will be refunded or credited the price paid for returned merchandise, less a 15% restocking fee. Please note, you might want to insure your return shipment, since you will be responsible for any return-related damage. Also, please understand that if you neglect to pre-pay return-shipping costs, they will be deducted from your net refund amount.
If you find the identical, brand new product for less (including shipping & handling) on another website within 3 days of your purchase, email us the URL of the webpage where you found the lower-price offer. If the online seller is an authorized John Boos dealer, we will refund the difference. Butcher Block Co. will not always be able to match a lower price offer (e.g., in cases where doing so would violate legal agreements between us and our manufacturer-partners) and any refund may be limited (e.g., in cases where the competing offer is below our total cost).
IRON SUPPORTS'S Brackets and Corbels Support and Secure Counter and Island Top Overhangs