Some large and/or heavy items can only be delivered by a freight shipping company.
When your item arrives at the freight company's terminal nearest you, the carrier will call to schedule delivery (residential customers only). Freight shipments are delivered curbside. The freight company is not obligated to unload goods from the truck, unless you added Liftgate Unloading Service to your order. Nor is the driver obligated to transport goods from the curb into your garage or building. Therefore, we urge you to arrange to have others available to assist you at the scheduled delivery time.
Liftgate Unloading Service Is Available, for an Additional Charge
If the freight company offers additional delivery services, such as liftgate unloading service (i.e., from the truck onto the curb) or inside delivery (typically, into your garage), you may add such services to your order. If you wish to, please let us know right away and we will attempt to assist you.
INSPECT MERCHANDISE AT THE TIME OF DELIVERY!
It’s crucial that you immediately inspect merchandise at the time of delivery, before the driver departs. We recommend that you hold onto all original packing material for at least one week, just in case.
- If you notice significant defects or damage, do not accept delivery. Write “DAMAGED” on the delivery receipt and immediately contact us at (877) 845-5597. We will work with the manufacturer to arrange production and shipment of a replacement.
- If you notice less significant damage, write “DAMAGED” on the delivery receipt before you sign it. It is not necessary to describe the damage or defect or to diagnose its cause, however it is imperative that you write "Damaged" on the delivery receipt before signing it, otherwise you will forfeit rights to any recourse.
- If you determine that a part or a carton is missing, accept delivery, but write "ORDER INCOMPLETE" on the delivery receipt. Contact us immediately and we will arrange for shipment of the missing part or carton.
- If you are unable to thoroughly inspect the goods at the time of delivery, you should accept delivery, but write “DAMAGED” on the bill of lading or delivery receipt. This will help preserve your rights to later claim concealed damage or loss, should you discover any.
- You should not refuse delivery for any other reason. Such refusal may render you ineligible for return credit and liable for holding and/or redelivery charges.
Concealed Damage Claims Are Hard to Prove/Win
If you accept merchandise and later discover damage or parts missing, you will need to file a concealed damage or loss claim within 24 hours of receipt of the goods! Contact us immediately at (877) 845-5597 for assistance. You might need to repack the merchandise in original packing material for pick up and return. This is why it’s important to retain packing material.
Please understand that any decision whether to award compensation for a claim of alleged concealed damage is up to the freight carrier exclusively; any such award might not cover the full cost of replacement; and it’s unlikely any carrier will look favorably on a concealed damage/loss claim once merchandise has been accepted free and clear. This is why it’s so important to thoroughly inspect goods at the time of delivery or otherwise note them as damaged.