About this product
- 16 gauge stainless steel, type 304, #4 polish
- 1/4” radius on top edges & vertical corners
- 1-3/8" thick particle board underlayment with melamine backing
- Available in straight runs only
- Standard widths of 25"
- Standard lengths from 24" to 120"
- Custom sizes (up to 54"W and 144”L) and sink/stove cutouts available (please call)
NOTE: These stainless steel countertops should be installed over a cabinet-style base that is totally enclosed.
Countertops Made of Stainless Steel Make Kitchens Look Sleek and Modern
Steel is strong, durable, hygienic, heat resistant, and easy to clean. These stainless steel countertops feature heavy-duty, commercial-grade, 16-gauge stainless steel. Thicker and heavier than normal stainless steel countertops, these are made from high-nickel-content type 304 stainless steel, and feature a #3 polish for a light brushed finish. The underlayment is made from 1.5"-thick medium-density fiberboard (MDF). The steel covering rolls down over the edges of the MDF core, covering all sides evenly. A melamine, laminate-like backing allows for easy drilling when attaching to base cabinetry.
Our stainless steel countertops are NSF-approved.
NSF is a testing firm whose seal certifies that manufactured goods meet industry-accepted quality standards necessary to promote public health and safety. These steel counters, manufactured by food service industry leader John Boos & Co., come in 3 different widths: 25, 32 and 38 inches; and in eight different lengths.
How to Measure a Cabinet for a Stainless Steel Countertop Installation
- Determine whether your walls are square and true. Factor into your measurements any deviations, as well as any plans for caulking or otherwise bridging any gaps between a wall and the countertop.
- Add ¾” to your Width (Depth) measurement to allow for a slight front overhang. If your layout will result in overhang at one or both ends of your counter, add ¾” for a single overhang or 1-½” for a double overhang to your Length measurement.
- Rest the countertop on the base cabinet. Move it into position.
- Using a level, check to see if the countertop is level. If not, use shims to bring it level.
- Secure the countertop to the base cabinet from below, using woodscrews (recommended over glue to ensure easy removal later). Make sure the screws are shorter than the thickness of the cabinet supports (or cleats) and the MDF underlayment, combined. A screw that is too long can dimple or protrude through the countertop.
- Seal the gap between the rear of the countertop (or the top and ends of the backsplash) and walls using a silicone caulk.
|Sale Price||Model #||Length (in.)||Width (in.)||Thickness (in.)||Weight (lbs.)||Ships||UPC|
John Boos & Co. backs up its products with a one-year warranty against defects in material and workmanship.
Boos will either repair or replace a product determined to be defective. This warranty does not apply to damage resulting from normal wear and tear, accidents, abuse, neglect, misuse, alterations* or exposure to extreme conditions. Nor does it pertain to wood products ordered unfinished. Neither Boos nor Butcher Block Co. will be liable for any loss or damage arising from use of products or for any consequential damages.
*Cutting into a Boos countertop (e.g., trimming its length or width or executing a miter cut or a cutout) will void the manufacturer's warranty.
Boos warrants that the exact length, width and thickness of any countertop will not vary from specifications by more than 1/8 of an inch.
Returns & Exchanges
If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason, you may return or exchange it within 30 days of the date of purchase. Since all John Boos products are made-to-order, a 20% restocking fee will apply and you will be responsible for return shipping costs. Custom countertops cannot be returned or exchanged unless the goods arrive damaged and the word "Damaged" was written on the bill of lading or another shipping receipt.
If you find the identical, brand new product for less (including shipping & handling) on another website within 3 days of your purchase, email us the URL of the webpage where you found the lower-price offer. If the online seller is an authorized John Boos dealer, we will refund the difference. Butcher Block Co. will not always be able to match a lower price offer (e.g., in cases where doing so would violate legal agreements between us and our manufacturer-partners) and any refund may be limited (e.g., in cases where the competing offer is below our total cost).
Boos Blocks are Appreciated by Both Cooking Enthusiasts and Food Service Pros
|| Dining Tables
||Butcher Block Tables