Boos Heavy-Duty Stainless Steel Countertops
25", 32" or 38" Wide
Lead Time: Typically ships within 20 to 30 business days, depending on production schedule. Order by Nov 15th to receive for Xmas.
Shipping and delivery info: Most sizes ship Freight. Click on “Specifications” for details.
About this product
- 16 gauge stainless steel, type 304, #4 polish
- 1/4” radius on top edges & vertical corners
- 1-1/2" thick premium MDF underlayment with melamine backing
- Available in straight runs only
- Standard widths of 25", 32" & 38"
- Standard lengths from 24" to 120"M
- Custom sizes (up to 54"W and 144”L) and sink/stove cutouts available (please call)
- Optional 6" boxed backsplashes
Scroll down for tips on measuring and
installing stainless steel countertops.
NOTE: These stainless steel countertops should be installed over a cabinet-style base that is totally enclosed.
Countertops Made of Stainless Steel Make Kitchens Look Sleek and Modern
Steel is strong, durable, hygienic, heat resistant, and easy to clean. These stainless steel countertops feature heavy-duty, commercial-grade, 16-gauge stainless steel. Thicker and heavier than normal stainless steel countertops, these are made from high-nickel-content type 304 stainless steel, and feature a #3 polish for a light brushed finish. The underlayment is made from 1.5"-thick medium-density fiberboard (MDF). The steel covering rolls down over the edges of the MDF core, covering all sides evenly. A melamine, laminate-like backing allows for easy drilling when attaching to base cabinetry.
Our stainless steel countertops are NSF-approved. Boxed backsplashes are optional.
NSF is a testing firm whose seal certifies that manufactured goods meet industry-accepted quality standards necessary to promote public health and safety. These steel counters, manufactured by food service industry leader John Boos & Co., come in 3 different widths: 25, 32 and 38 inches; and in eight different lengths. Stainless steel boxed backsplashes are also available in those same eight lengths. These steel backsplashes are 6 inches high and rise 4-1/2" above the countertop surface.
How to Measure a Cabinet for a Stainless Steel Countertop Installation
- Determine whether your walls are square and true. Factor into your measurements any deviations, as well as any plans for caulking or otherwise bridging any gaps between a wall and the countertop.
- Add ¾” to your Width measurement to allow for a slight front overhang. If your layout will result in overhang at one or both ends of your counter, add ¾” or 1-½” respectively, to your Length measurement.
How to Install Stainless Steel Counters
- Rest the countertop on the base cabinet. Move it into position.
- Using a level, check to see if the countertop is level. If not, use shims to bring it level.
- Secure the countertop to the base cabinet from below, using woodscrews (recommended over glue to ensure easy removal later). Make sure the screws are shorter than the thickness of the cabinet supports (or cleats) and the MDF underlayment, combined. A screw that is too long can dimple or protrude through the countertop.
- Seal the gap between the rear of the countertop (or the top and ends of the backsplash) and walls using a silicone caulk.
|Sale Price||Model #||Length (in.)||Width (in.)||Thickness (in.)||Weight (lbs.)||Ships||UPC|
John Boos & Co. backs up its products with a one-year warranty against defects in material and workmanship.
Boos will either repair or replace a product determined to be defective. This warranty does not apply to damage resulting from normal wear and tear, accidents, abuse, neglect, misuse, alterations* or exposure to extreme conditions. Nor does it pertain to wood products ordered unfinished. Neither Boos nor Butcher Block Co. will be liable for any loss or damage arising from use of products or for any consequential damages.
*Cutting into a Boos countertop (e.g., trimming its length or width or executing a miter cut or a cutout) will void the manufacturer's warranty.
Boos warrants that the exact length, width and thickness of any countertop will not vary from specifications by more than 1/8 of an inch.
Returns & Exchanges
If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason, you may return or exchange it within 30 days of the date of purchase. Since all John Boos products are made-to-order, a 20% restocking fee will apply and you will be responsible for return shipping costs. Custom countertops cannot be returned or exchanged unless the goods arrive damaged and the word "Damaged" was written on the bill of lading or other receipt of shipment.
If you find the identical, brand new product for less (including shipping & handling) on another website within 3 days of your purchase, email us the URL of the webpage where you found the lower-price offer. If the online seller is an authorized John Boos dealer, we will refund the difference. Butcher Block Co. will not always be able to match a lower price offer (e.g., in cases where doing so would violate legal agreements between us and our manufacturer-partners) and any refund may be limited (e.g., in cases where the competing offer is below our total cost).
Boos Butcher Blocks are loved by cooking enthusiasts and embraced by food service Professionals.
Scroll down to browse, or click an image or a link to shop by product type. Or shop Boos Commercial Products.