Hidden L Bracket for Supporting an Island or Countertop Overhang
Free Shipping on $75 Orders
Lead Time: Typically ships within 10 business days.
Shipping and delivery info: UPS, USPS & FedEx
About this product
- Ideal for supporting an overhang when you want brackets to be hidden
- Also ideal for supporting island end overhangs; use along with Long support brackets
- 1/2"-thick heavy-duty American steel, 2-1/2” wide (click thumbnail image to view drawing)
- Screws (included) secure brackets to inside of 2x4 or 2x6 frame of cabinet base (see thumbnail image)
- Durable powder-coated finish in black or white; or choose raw steel (must be finished to avoid oxidation)
- 7 sizes from 10"L to 22"L (front to back); short vertical stem is 4-1/8" high
- Outside end of horizontal section is beveled for safety
- Select a length that will leave no more than 4" to 6" of overhang unsupported.
- Brackets should be spaced no more than 16" to 18" apart, on center.
- Installation requires notching out sections (2-1/2"wide x 1/2" deep) of the base cabinet wall (see thumbnail image).
- A countersunk hole is drilled into the underside of each bracket, 1.5” in from its end (see last thumbnail image). A 1.25”-long screw is provided. These holes and screws help secure the wood top to the brackets and prevent bowing. The screw's diameter is small enough to allow for wood expansion & contraction.
These Short L Brackets for Cantilevered Islands Are Nearly Invisible
Short L-style brackets are designed to support nearly any kitchen island overhang. Simply array these 2-1/2"-wide L brackets, spaced no more than 16 to 18 inches apart, so that they will adequately support the overhang and not jeopardize the structural integrity of the entire top.
The installation process is fairly simple. First, notches 2.5" wide x .5" deep must be cut into the cantilevered side of the island base. One support bracket will be nested into each cutout and the bracket's vertical stem will be attached to the inside of the island's 2x4 or 2x6 horizontal support, using screws provided.
Short L Brackets Come in Many Sizes and Multiple Colors
Most of the horizontal section of each bracket will be visible to someone looking at the underside of the cantilever from below. That's why the bracket is available in three different colors, two of which are powder-coated - black and white. On the other hand, if you prefer the look of raw steel or wish to paint the exposed portion of each bracket a contrasting color or the same color as your island base, select raw steel.
In order to ensure adequate support of the cantilevered portion of your island or counter top, be sure to order brackets of a length that will leave no more than 4 to 6 inches of the extension unsupported. With 7 different lengths to choose among, you should be able to find a size that fits your new construction or remodel project.
Need Help Deciding Which Countertop Overhang Supports Are Right for Your Situation?
This decision tree might help you think through options, narrow your choices, and make a final decision.
How to determine which size hidden L-bracket you need.
i. Measure the distance from inside of support wall to outside edge of overhang. Add 1/2" for thickness of vertical stem.
ii. Subtract 4” to 6” for portion of overhang to be left unsupported.
iii. Select the bracket length equal to your result, or the next larger size.
|Sale Price||Color||Length (in.)||Width (in.)||Thickness (in.)||Weight (lbs.)|
Damaged Goods Will Be Promptly Replaced
Although IRON SUPPORTS brackets and corbels are securely packed to withstand rough handling during shipment, occasionally shipping damage does occur. If an item arrives damaged, or your shipment is incomplete, please notify us within 5 days of receipt. We will work quickly to resolve any issues.
Returns Are Subject to a 15% Restocking Fee
In the event you decide to return any item(s), you must repack the unused and undamaged merchandise in its original packaging and ship it, at your expense, to:
Order Number: (insert your BB Co. order # here*)
W3312 County Rd FF
Sheboygan, WI 53083
*Your Butcher Block Co. order number is required to process your return
You will be refunded or credited the price paid for returned merchandise, less a 15% restocking fee. Please note, you might want to insure your return shipment, since you will be responsible for any return-related damage. Also, please understand that if you neglect to pre-pay return-shipping costs, they will be deducted from your net refund amount.
If you find the identical, brand new product for less (including shipping & handling) on another website within 3 days of your purchase, email us the URL of the webpage where you found the lower-price offer. If the online seller is an authorized John Boos dealer, we will refund the difference. Butcher Block Co. will not always be able to match a lower price offer (e.g., in cases where doing so would violate legal agreements between us and our manufacturer-partners) and any refund may be limited (e.g., in cases where the competing offer is below our total cost).
IRON SUPPORTS'S Brackets and Corbels Support and Secure Counter and Island Top Overhangs