Hidden Long Support Bracket for Island & Countertop Overhangs
Free Shipping on $75 Orders
Lead Time: Typically ships within 10 business days.
Shipping and delivery info: UPS, USPS & FedEx
About this product
- Ideal where drawers might hinder installation of other bracket types
- Preferred for its maximum strength and support, and easy installation
- Requires only notching of cabinet walls and insertion of screws (included)
- Screws secure bracket to cabinet wall on side opposite overhang (click thumbnail image #2)
- 1/2"-thick heavy-duty American steel, 2-1/2” wide (click thumbnail #3 to view drawing)
- Durable powder-coated finish in black or white; or choose raw steel (must be finished to avoid oxidation)
- 15 sizes from 16"L to 44"L
- End of bracket's horizontal end is beveled for safety
- Select a length that will leave no more than 4" to 6" of overhang unsupported.
- Brackets should be spaced no more than 16" to 18" apart, center on center.
- Installation requires notching out sections (2-1/2"wide x 1/2" deep) of the base cabinet (see thumbnail image #3).
- A countersunk hole is drilled into the underside of each bracket, 1.5” in from its end (see last thumbnail image). A 1.25”-long screw is provided. These holes and screws help secure the wood top to the brackets and prevent bowing. The screw's diameter is small enough to allow for wood expansion & contraction.
Support Brackets for Cantilevered Islands Are Nearly Sight Unseen
These virtually hidden brackets are designed for supporting any heavy kitchen island top that extends beyond the base cabinet. An array of brackets, each 2-1/2 inches wide and ideally spaced no more than 16 to 18 inches apart, can effectively carry the full weight of the entire countertop, including its cantilevered section, which more often than not, creates an area for comfortable seated dining. These are the brackets that professional island makers and remodeling contractors prefer for supporting heavy countertops, even those made of granite or quartz.
The installation process is fairly simple. First, notches 2.5" wide x .5" deep must be cut into the top of the cantilevered side of the island base. One support bracket will be nested into each cutout and the bracket's "T" end will be attached to the inside of the island base on the side opposite the cantilever, using screws provided.
These Full-Span Brackets Come in Many Sizes and Multiple Colors
While most of each individual bracket will be totally hidden beneath the island's top, a portion of each bracket will still be visible to someone looking at the underside of the cantilever from below. That's why the otherwise-hidden bracket is available in three different colors. Black and white brackets come powder-coated for added durability.
In order to ensure adequate support of the cantilevered portion of your island or counter top, be sure to order brackets of a length that will leave no more than 4 to 6 inches of the extension unsupported. With 15 different lengths to choose among, you should be able to find a size that fits your new construction or remodel project.
Need Help Deciding Which Countertop Overhang Supports Are Right for Your Situation?
This decision tree might help you think through options, narrow your choices, and make a final decision.
How to determine which size hidden long bracket you need.
i. Measure the distance from inside of cabinet wall opposite the overhang to outside edge of overhang.
ii. Subtract 4” to 6” for portion of overhang to be left unsupported.
iii. Select the bracket length equal to your result, or the next larger size.
|Sale Price||Color||Length (in.)||Width (in.)||Thickness (in.)||Weight (lbs.)|
Damaged Goods Will Be Promptly Replaced
Although IRON SUPPORTS brackets and corbels are securely packed to withstand rough handling during shipment, occasionally shipping damage does occur. If an item arrives damaged, or your shipment is incomplete, please notify us within 5 days of receipt. We will work quickly to resolve any issues.
Returns Are Subject to a 15% Restocking Fee
In the event you decide to return any item(s), you must repack the unused and undamaged merchandise in its original packaging and ship it, at your expense, to:
Order Number: (insert your BB Co. order # here*)
W3312 County Rd FF
Sheboygan, WI 53083
*Your Butcher Block Co. order number is required to process your return
You will be refunded or credited the price paid for returned merchandise, less a 15% restocking fee. Please note, you might want to insure your return shipment, since you will be responsible for any return-related damage. Also, please understand that if you neglect to pre-pay return-shipping costs, they will be deducted from your net refund amount.
If you find the identical, brand new product for less (including shipping & handling) on another website within 3 days of your purchase, email us the URL of the webpage where you found the lower-price offer. If the online seller is an authorized John Boos dealer, we will refund the difference. Butcher Block Co. will not always be able to match a lower price offer (e.g., in cases where doing so would violate legal agreements between us and our manufacturer-partners) and any refund may be limited (e.g., in cases where the competing offer is below our total cost).
IRON SUPPORTS'S Brackets and Corbels Support and Secure Counter and Island Top Overhangs