Standard Front-Mount L-Bracket Supports for Countertop Overhangs
Free Shipping on $75 Orders
Lead Time: Typically ships within 15 business days.
Shipping and delivery info: All sizes ship UPS
About this product
- Ideal for supporting overhangs where you don't mind brackets being visible
- 1/2"-thick heavy-duty American steel, 2-1/2” wide (click thumbnail image to view a drawing)
- Durable powder-coated finish in black or white; or choose raw steel (must be finished to avoid oxidation)
- 7 sizes from 8"L x 6"H to 20"L x 14"H
- Screws (included) secure brackets to lumber inside cabinet base
- End of horizontal section is beveled for safety
- Carrying capacity is 325 lbs. per bracket
- Select a length that will leave no more than 4" to 6" of overhang unsupported.
- Brackets should be spaced no more than 16" to 18" apart, center on center.
- Installation requires securing brackets to lumber inside base cabinet.
- A countersunk hole is drilled into the underside of each bracket, 1.5” in from its end (see last thumbnail image). A 1.25”-long screw is provided. These holes and screws help secure the wood top to the brackets and prevent bowing. The screw's diameter is small enough to allow for wood expansion & contraction.
Visible Support Brackets for Cantilevered Islands and Countertops
These sturdy L brackets are designed to support kitchen countertop and island top extensions or overhangs. Simply array the brackets, 2-1/2 inches wide, spacing them no more than 16 to 18 inches apart. Incredibly strong, these L brackets will provide ample support so that diners can enjoy meals, snacks and drinks while comfortably seated at your kitchen island bar.
The installation process is straightforward. Simply use the screws provided - 3 per bracket - to secure each bracket to a vertical stud in the island's frame.
These L Brackets Come in Many Sizes and Multiple Colors
Choose among two powder-coated options - white or black, or select raw steel if you prefer to paint your brackets, perhaps to match the color of your island's base.
In order to ensure adequate support of the cantilevered portion of your island or counter top, be sure to order brackets of a length (front-to-back) that will leave no more than 4 to 6 inches of the extension unsupported. With 7 different sizes to choose among, you should be able to find one that fits your new construction or remodel project.
Need Help Deciding Which Countertop Overhang Supports Are Right for Your Situation?
This decision tree might help you think through options, narrow your choices, and make a final decision.
How to determine which size standard L-bracket you need.
i. Measure the distance from outside of support wall to outside edge of overhang.
ii. Subtract 4” to 6” for portion of overhang to be left unsupported.
iii. Select the bracket length equal to your result, or the next larger size.
|Sale Price||Color||Length (in.)||Height (in.)||Width (in.)||Thickness (in.)||Weight (lbs.)|
Damaged Goods Will Be Promptly Replaced
Although support brackets and corbels are securely packed to withstand rough handling during shipment, occasionally shipping damage does occur. If an item arrives damaged, or your shipment is incomplete, please notify us within 5 days of receipt. We will work quickly to resolve any issues.
Returns Are Subject to a 20% Restocking Fee
In the event you decide to return any item(s) please contact us at [email protected]. Returns/refunds for merchandise can be made within 30 days of delivery, as long as items are in new and resalable condition (this means the items have not been installed or used). You must repack the unused and undamaged merchandise in its original packaging and ship it at your expense.
You will be refunded or credited the price paid for returned merchandise, less a 20% restocking fee. Also, please understand that if you neglect to pre-pay return-shipping costs, they will be deducted from your net refund amount.
If you find the identical, brand new product for less (including shipping & handling) on another website within 3 days of your purchase, email us the URL of the webpage where you found the lower-price offer. If the online seller is an authorized John Boos dealer, we will refund the difference. Butcher Block Co. will not always be able to match a lower price offer (e.g., in cases where doing so would violate legal agreements between us and our manufacturer-partners) and any refund may be limited (e.g., in cases where the competing offer is below our total cost).
Iron Support Brackets and Corbels Support and Secure Counter and Island Top Overhangs